Friday, October 10, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Days 9 and 10

Yesterday's prompt was "In Memory."  I already used a picture of the mosaic I made so I today I will post a picture of my beautiful Japanese Maple.  Our dear friends, Jon and Joanna organized buying this for us after we lost the baby.  They and a few other of our best couple friends pitched in and gave us this beautiful tree.  Its one of my most precious possessions.  We don't have a grave or photos but we have this tree.  And every year its first leaves sprout right around March 7.  Its perfect.


This was on March 7, 2012.  The "Plant Hope" was a gift from another dear friend maybe a year or two after we lost the baby and were really struggling getting pregnant again.



I'm not sure that our tree actually matches the prompt so I will also post a picture of Greg and I after we did the March of Dimes walk.  After we got the diagnosis, I spent countless hours on the internet learning about our baby's condition.  One of the websites I ended up on was the March of Dimes.  I saw that they were having a fundraising walk at the end of April.  It felt like an important thing to do.  We raised almost $2000.  A really good family friend walked with us and our parents were waiting for us at the finish.  I honestly don't remember much about the day but I remember feeling good about doing it.




Today's prompt is "Support."  If I knew how to make a collage I would make one filled with all the wonderful people in my life who gave me support.  People who loved me and held me when I cried, brought us food and flowers, sent cards, took care of my classroom and allowed me to miss 2 weeks of school without a worry, remembered the first anniversary, didn't say dumb things....I could go on and on.  Instead of more photos or a collage I don't know how to make , I'll do this: Greg, Mom, Dad, Shirl, Stacy, Anjee, Joanna and Jon, Brad and Boo Boo, Maureen and Jack, Patti, Aunt Linda, Lisa, Kathy, Kathie, Heidi, Carolyn, Kathy, Faith, BK, Julie, June, Jennifer, Jay....and I know there are more.  I am so blessed to have lots of support in my life.  And going through losing the baby and then infertility made me appreciate the good people in my life like I never had before.  I'd like to think it made ME a better friend.  I learned how to be a better friend from so many people.  And, in a few cases, I also learned what NOT to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment