Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 14

Yesterday's prompt was "Dark/Light."  The two sides of grief.  I feel like a wrote a post that fits this prompt perfectly. And for the life of me, I cannot think of a photo to post.  I would post a newborn picture of my son because he is what brought me back into the light.  He brought the color back to my world and filled the hole in my heart.  But the reality is, its more complicated than that.



Okay so I had to walk away from writing this post because its a school morning and I needed to get the kid ready to go out the door.  But my husband is off today so he's driving him.  They drove away and less than a minute later I hear my phone ring.  Its my husband's phone but I hear a cute little voice say "Hellooooo!"  Finn called to tell me there was a rainbow outside.  He knew I would want to see it so he called to tell me.


Beautiful.  And perfect for today (actually yesterday....).  The little boy who brought the color back into my life called to tell me there was a beautiful rainbow that I needed to see.  Oh how I love that child.  And I wish I was a better writer so I could do this metaphor justice but I'll do my best:  At the end of the storm of grief, there will be light again.  And sometimes a beautiful rainbow.  And storms will come again, its inevitable.  But so is the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment