Thursday, October 2, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 2

Today's subject is "Heart."  Who do I carry in my heart?  I carry my baby in my heart.  A little life that only lasted 20 weeks inside of me.  My husband and I did not name her.  But we had a girl's name picked out.  And I know she would have been named Naomi.  Here's my picture for today:



I made this after we lost the baby.  I had this image burned in my mind from the ultrasound of her little hand waving at us.  I remember seeing that little hand wave and it was a few moments of pure joy and amazement before everything went all wrong.  And I continued to picture that little hand over and over for weeks after.  And then I made this.

And through Carly Marie's project I learned of the e.e. cummings poem "I Carry Your Heart."  And now I will think of these words every time I look at my mosaic:

i carry your heart with me
i carry it in my heart
i am never with out it

No comments:

Post a Comment