Thursday, November 1, 2012

#1261

I have a lot going on.  2012 has been quite a year.  Wonderful and difficult, exciting and sad.  Of course, one would never know this by reading my blog.  Since I don't actually WRITE any posts.  I mean, I think about blogging and writing all the time.  I have things I want to remember.  I have things I need to get off my chest.  I feel I should do something to keep my poor, tired, "stay-at-home mom" brain in better shape.  But my last blog post was in August.  Gah.

I need to get in the habit of writing and processing and figuring shit out that needs to be figured out.  I need to stop watching 2 or 3 hours of TV every night after I put my son to bed.  I need to stop falling asleep watching the news (and by news, I mean Real Housewives of New Jersey). Blogging, reading, unpacking those last pesky 10 or 12 boxes, learning to knit again - these are things I should do.

Since organizing my closet and knitting seem totally unlikely, I signed up for NaBloPoMo.  I'm number 1261 on the blogroll.  I like my number - I've got a good feeling about this.  Thank God Melissa provides a list of prompts or I'd be in trouble.  Although I can't think of a good quote for the life of me, so I'm just writing about how I never write but really want to.  Fascinating stuff.  But its a start.

Hmmm, well, that's all I've got for today.  My husband is actually home early tonight so we're gonna catch up on The Amazing Race.  And I don't feel bad about watching TV after writing that I should watch less TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment