Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Two and I'm still Writing!

I don't have much time, but I'm determined to write so I'm going with the prompt of the day:

"If you could live anywhere, where would it be?"

I like this prompt and its actually relevant to me because we short saled our house this year and are currently living in a rental.  Not that there's anything wrong with renting, but the circumstances under which we find ourselves here are less than satisfactory.  And while I really like the house we are renting and I enjoy the neighborhood so far, this is not where we want to live forever.

So I have three answers.

#1 Where I ACTUALLY want to live (and can afford buy) when our credit recovers and we can buy again:  Benicia.  Or Martinez.  But the hubs says no to Benicia - he doesn't want to cross two bridges to get to work,which I totally understand.  So it will probably (hopefully) be Martinez.  Its a nice little town.

#2 Where I would live in my real life, if we had tons of money:  Probably still Martinez.  Just in a nicer, bigger house with land.  Or maybe Lafayette or Orinda.  If we had lots of money I would definitely want a house with a little bit of land for a huge garden and some chickens.

#3 My fantasy/dream answer: Somewhere in Europe.  Probably in France.  I'd have a house in the Provincial countryside and an apartment in Paris.  And eat good food and drink wine and see beautiful buildings and art all the time and be just a train ride away from so many amazing places.

I pray that #1 comes to pass.  If win the lottery, it'll be #2.  If I win some crazy multi-state, biggest jackpot in history lottery, I'll add on #3.




No comments:

Post a Comment